The Sunshine Award is given to bloggers who positively and creatively inspire other bloggers.
The instructions that come with the Sunshine Award are simple:
- After acknowledging the person who gave this award in a blog post;
- I have to do the Q&A below and finally
- pass on the award to 10 deserving and inspiring bloggers, inform them and link to their blogs.
Per the instructions of the sunshine award here are my answers to the 10 questions:
- Who is your favorite philosopher? Good question, of course my mind has drawn a blank… I am a spiritual person and bible reader, Jesus was the greatest man who ever lived….at Matt 6:33 we are told to “Seek first God’s Kingdom and all these things will be added…based on his famous Sermon in the Mount. I try to live by this every day.
- What is your favorite number? 7
- What is your favorite animal? Umm, my favorite animal is a chameleon.
- What is your favorite time of day? Late at night.
- What are your Facebook and Twitter? Facebook and Twitter
- What is your favorite holiday? As one of Jehovah’s Witnesses I do not celebrate holidays. But I enjoy spending time with friends and family and believe that we should take time to be thankful and grateful everyday. Everyday can be a special day.
- What is your physical favorite activity? Running, but lately my ails won’t allow me to run, so power walking is the next best thing. I also enjoy Pilates, yoga, and meditation.
- What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink? Lime and lemon infused water… I know, I am boring.
- What is your passion? baking, cooking, writing poetry and reading
- What is your favorite flower? I didn’t inherit the green thumb from my parents..but I do enjoy wild flowers and sunflowers.
OK, so my second task as a Sunshine Nominee is to nominate 10 blogs and bloggers that inspire me. Here goes….
- Rockstar Ronan– Maya lost her son Ronan to childhood cancer. I learned of her journey and Ronan’s story of strength and bravery was the catalyst for me to start my blog. The Ronan Thompson Foundation was started to raise awareness and find a cure to childhood cancer.
2. Healing Hailey– Hailey’s battle against a rare childhood cancer and her family’s journey of strength and perseverance throughout gives me life and the determination to never give up.
3. Friends of Briana– I learned of Briana’s story on Yahoo’s front page and have been following her journey ever since. She has an undiagnosed disorder that has left her totally incapacitated, is it autoimmune? it is neurological? her family continue to fight and struggle to find answers and a cure. Learn more about Undiagnosed Diseases Program.
4. Prayers for Lane Goodwin– Lane was diagnosed with a rare childhood cancer, Alveolar Rhabdomyosarcoma, he succumbed during his battle but not before bringing awareness, hope, strength, and good will to thousands of friends around the world.
5. BigA,little a– As fellow food enthusiasts this mother and daughter team Big A, little a, are part of my wordpress community and I love their creativity and enthusiasm for baking.
6. Elana’s Pantry– Elana shares her gluten and allergen free baking and recipes through stunning visuals. As a sufferer of many food allergies and intolerances, I always find new and exciting allergen free treats.
7. OhMyVeggies– Kiersten’s stunning and delicious vegetarian recipes unite meat eaters and vegan’s alike. Good food is good food.
8. SkinnyTaste– Gina’s wholesome, simple, light, and stunning meals make my mouth water everyday. Her food blog is one of my favorites.
9. Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures– I have joined the ride with Lynn as she shares her favorite meals and recipes.I feel like I am part of her family.
10. Fighting Fibromyalgia: As I battle fibromyalgia it is nice to be connected to others who share a similar experience…fighting and raising awareness one day at a time.
Ok, Friends this is it, my top 10 blogs and bloggers that inspire and enlighten me, I feel part of a large network of activists who share their love and goodwill through the web. This is not a complete list, but hey I could only fit 10. Thanks to each of you for inspiring me to be better!
To Better Blogging,